- GNU Octave. A freely redistributable software that provides a command line interface for solving linear and nonlinear problems numerically. A freeware MATLAB.
- Doxygen is a documentation system for C++, C, Java, Objective-C, Python, IDL (Corba and Microsoft flavours) and to some extent PHP, C#, and D. In many ways it is similar to JavaDoc. It can help you in three ways:
- It can generate an on-line documentation browser (in HTML) and/or an off-line reference manual (in Failed to parse (unknown function\LaTeX): \LaTeX
) from a set of documented source files.
- You can configure doxygen to extract the code structure from undocumented source files.
- You can even "abuse" doxygen for creating normal documentation.
- Graphviz is an open source graph (network) visualisation project from AT&T Labs Research. Doxygen (above) requires Graphviz to generate the "pretty diagrams" for software documentation.
- Workspace Whiz! is a powerful add-in for Visual Studio .NET 2002/2003/2005 and Visual C++ 6. It offers the following features:
- Incremental searching of files throughout the workspace, global include/source directories, or user specified directories.
- Incremental tag searches either by identifier name or a parent class or namespace.
- Switching between the declaration and definition of functions.
- Tag completion at the press of a key while typing.
- Powerful code templates.
- And more.
- Solution Build Environment add-in uses a new file called SolutionName.slnenv residing in the same directory as the solution to provide build environment variables tailored to a given solution file. The Solution Build Environment add-in executes this file at solution open time and before the start of each build, resetting the build's environment variables accordingly.
- WinCvs. A Windows front-end for CVS written in C++ and distributed as free software under GNU General Public License (GPI).
- TortoiseCVS. Lets you work with files under CVS directly from Windows Explorer. Freely available under the GPL.
- WinMerge. An open source visual text and directory file differencing and merging tool for Win32 platforms. It is highly useful for determining what has changed between project versions, and then merging changes between versions.
- Dependency Walker (depends.exe). Scans 32-bit or 64-bit Windows modules (EXE, DLL, OCX, SYS, etc.) and builds a hierarchical tree diagram of all dependent modules.
- Far Manager. A somewhat esoteric program for managing files and archives in Windows operating systems. Far Manager works in text mode and provides a simple and intuitive interface for performing most of the necessary actions: viewing files and directories, editing, copying and renaming files and many other operations. There are numerous plug-ins for Far. Those of us who were using computers in the 1980's will remember Norton Commander. This program is very similar to Norton Commander on DOS and Midnight Commander on Unix. If you are used to these programs, chances are you will find Far Manager very useful. If not, perhaps it is wiser to stick with Windows Explorer.
- WinEdt is a powerful and versatile ASCII editor and shell for Windows with a strong predisposition towards the creation of Failed to parse (unknown function\LaTeX): \LaTeX
- JabRef is an open source bibliography reference manager compatible with BibTeX, the standard Failed to parse (unknown function\LaTeX): \LaTeX
bibliography format. It runs on the Java VM and works on Windows, Linux and Mac OS X.
- WhoLockMe allows you to check which process has locked a given file. This is useful for dealing with "Cannot delete...: There has been a sharing violation. The source or destination file may be in use" messages.
- This page was last modified on 13 September 2009, at 19:51.
- This page has been accessed 24,931 times.