Thalesians in the media
Over the past few years, our research has been cited on a number of occasions in the press, including in the Financial Times (FT) and Wall Street Journal (WSJ), which we list here. We have also given a number of presentations at conferences both for academia and industry, listed at the end.
The Thalesians and Saeed Amen in the press (selected)
- 13 Jun 2016 - Financial Times - EU vote: Sterling’s ‘Swissie shocker’ moment?
- 19 May 2016 - Bloomberg TV - Interview on "What d'you miss?" with Joe Weisenthal on benefits of trend following strategies
- 29 Feb 2016 - Bloomberg News - This Hedge Fund Topped Rivals With Mix of Algorithms and 16th-Century Theory
- 07 Jan 2016 - Bloomberg TV - Interview on "What d'you miss?" with Joe Weisenthal on modelling Saudi FX peg
- 05 Jan 2016 - Finance Magnates - The Silk Road and its Secrets: Is There Really a Secret Sauce in Trading?
- 30 Sep 2015 - Bloomberg TV - Interview on "What d'you miss?" with Scarlet Fu & Joe Weisenthal on news sentiment
- 14 May 2015 - Financial Times - Do people sell in May and go away? A guest chart
- 17 Apr 2015 - Financial Times - Why US inflation is the story: a guest chart
- 10 Apr 2015 - Financial Times - Unpicking higher currency volatility: a guest chart
- 02 Apr 2015 - Financial Times - Which Fed governor talks most? A guest chart
- 21 Jan 2015 - Automated Trader - RavenPack white paper: Trading bond futures and FX with news data
- 08 Dec 2014 - Financial Times - Which investors drive yen slide: guest chart
- 08 Sep 2014 - Automated Trader - RavenPack partners with Thalesians to test news analytics features
- 14 May 2014 - Global Derivatives TV - Systematic Trading and FX volatility
- 11 Mar 2014 - Wall Street Journal - Why FX Traders Trade: A Reminder, by Katie Martin
- 16 Sep 2013 - The Independent - Life after Lehmans: What became of the people at the eye of the banking storm, five years on?
- 08 Aug 2013 - Reuters - Uncertainty over BoE guidance lifts sterling to 7-week peak
- 18 Jul 2013 - Wall Street Journal - Yours, Mine….Howzat? Do Traders Like Cricket?
- 14 May 2013 - Global Derivatives TV - Saeed Amen On FX Quant Strategy - Building Systematic Trading Models
- 01 May 2013 - Financial Times - Australia’s rate cut imperils carry trade
- 10 Oct 2012 - Bloomberg - Gold Trades Near One-Week Low on Strengthening Dollar
- 26 Apr 2012 - Financial Times - Forex momentum trade yields long-term gains
Selected Saeed Amen presentations
- Sep 2015 - Federal Reserve Board - Washington DC - Big data & vol around events
- Jul 2015 - Bank of England - London - Big data & vol around events
- May 2015 - Global Derivatives Europe - Amsterdam - Big Data & vol around scheduled events
- Mar 2015 - MathFinance - Frankfurt - Vol around scheduled events
- Feb 2015 - Alphascope - Geneva - Systematic trading workshop
- Jan 2015 - STA - London - Trading Thalesians book talk
- Jan 2015 - CFA Society UK - London - Trading Thalesians book talk
- Nov 2014 - Accenture - London - High frequency trading
- Nov 2014 - Global Derivatives USA - Chicago - Systematically trading carry using Big Data
- May 2014 - Global Derivatives Europe - Amsterdam - Trading FX vol systematically
- Feb 2014 - Electronic Trading: Risk Management and Governance - London - Event vol add-ons in FX implied vol
- Nov 2013 - Global Derivatives USA - Chicago - Event vol add-ons in FX implied vol
- Nov 2013 - University of Greenwich - London - Event vol add-ons in FX implied vol
- Sep 2013 - TradeTech FX - London - Defining beta in FX using systematic trading strategies and what can we do to improve?
- Apr 2013 - Global Derivatives Europe - Amsterdam - Gold and FX hedging
- Mar 2012 - MathFinance - Frankfurt - Gold
- This page was last modified on 13 June 2016, at 13:39.
- This page has been accessed 11,734 times.